Medical Coding Services
CrystalVoxx transforms narrative descriptions of diseases, injuries, and healthcare procedures into numeric or alphanumeric designations i.e. code numbers.
PROCESS OF MEDICAL CODING @CrystalVoxx
Coding health-related data gives access to health records according to diagnoses & procedures for practice in clinical care & research. Common uses of medical codes in healthcare that includes:
- Identifying symptoms that must be evaluated and to alert other medical coding specialists to life-threatening allergies
- Reporting services performed for compensation by specialist
- Helping with secretarial functions such as staffing, scheduling, and adding or decreasing healthcare services
- Comparing facilities & planning for new services in underserved areas with medical coding.
YOU GET CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST AT CrystalVoxx
Medical Coding specialist, also called as MEDICAL CODER, holds a key position in the medical billing process. The medical coding specialist must document the services provided so patient gets best health care and outpatient hospital facility.
Medical coders will gather information from documentation and allocate proper code. They make claim and decide whether it is paid by payer, CMS or patients.
CrystalVoxx always keeps up with industry standard and supplies certified MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST to fulfill your requirements.
HIPAA names the following code set standards:
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th revision, Clinical Modification ICD-9-CM Volumes 1 & 2 (diagnosis codes) is conserved by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th revision, Clinical Modification ICD-9-CM Volume 3 (procedure codes) is maintained by CMS
- Current Procedure Terminology (CPT) (outpatient procedure codes) is conserved by the American Medical Association
- Health Care Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)—This code set, established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), primarily represents items and supplies and non-physician services not covered by the American Medical Association CPT-4 codes. More information of HIPAA MEDICAL BILLING is available on the CMS Web site.
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) is the new diagnosis coding system developed as a replacement for ICD-9-CM, Volume 1 & 2. International Classification of Diseases, 10th revision, Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS) is the new procedure coding system developed as a replacement for ICD-9-CM, volume 3. The compliance date for ICD-10-CM for diagnoses and ICD-10-PCS for inpatient hospital procedures is October 1, 2014. More information on ICD-10-CM/PCS
- National Drug Code (NDC)—The NDC is a code that identifies the vendor (manufacturer), product, and package size of all medications recognized by the FDA
HIPAA medical billing also names specific standards for electronic transactions. For example, submitting medical claims, etc.