Expertise in Interoperability Standards (e.g., HL7 V2/V3, DICOM, EDI, X12):
– HL7 V2/V3
– HL7 V2/V3 enable standard interface between EMR/EHR and Laboratory e.g. LabCorp, Quest
– Bi-Directional Interface – sending Orders and Receiving Results in discrete data
Patient Demographics (ADT):
– HL7 V2/V3 enable standard interface to exchange patient demographic information
– NCPDC SCRIPT enable standard interface to exchange prescription data between Providers and Pharmacies. SureScripts Certified interface.
Public Health Registry:
– HL7 V3 enable standard interface to send-receive Immunization and Syndromic Surveillance to the state public health registry. E.g. Georgia health registry
Medical Documents (MDM/ORU):
-HL7 V2/V3 enable standard interface to exchange medical records between EHR’s
Continuity of Care Document (CCD):
– CDA/HISTSP(C32) based standard to exchange Patient health summary information
– Enable PHI exchange between providers and EHR/EMR systems.